With the dust settled on another successful weekend at Crick Marina, there are a few facts and figures from the Crick Boat Show and Waterways Festival.
- According to the Show Organisers, Waterways World, it was the highest attendance for many years – the official attendance was 26,884 across the three days.
- For once the weather was kind to us this year with three rain-free days – that might have something to do with the above!
- There was a record number of exhibitors and the number of boating related exhibitors was also up on 2015.
- As ever the free boat trips were fully booked each day. In all LNBP at Braunston made 82 trips with 815 passengers and an additional 23 dogs over the three days.
The occasional boats went out with 9 passengers instead of 10, but in all only 5 tickets were unused. Rounded up, the utilisation figures were 100% (actual 99.39%). LNBP’s skippers and quayside team worked hard throughout the weekend to achieve these results.
- The Show’s brand new boat training taster sessions were sold out months ahead of the show.
- The new location for the seminars worked well with over 2,750 people attending, many sessions had standing room only.
- Online moorings were also sold out well in advance of the Show and the campsite had record numbers and was fully booked in advance for the Saturday night.
- Overall there was a real air of excitement and vibrancy at the Show and that confidence is once again growing in the canal, boating and marine industry.
..and we are looking forward to 2017’s show already!