Our two canal boats are called Lancelot and Guinevere.
They are purpose-built, full-length, modern vessels that are designed, fully-equipped and maintained to the highest possible standards, making the boats suitable for all year round cruising.
Each boat is 12 berth in size across three separate cabins with central heating, instant hot water and double glazing, and contains two toilets and a shower.
Sleeping accommodation is provided in four berth and six berth cabins. The saloon area provides accommodation for the group leaders, with an additional berth available in the rear cabin for the project’s skipper when on board.
The canal boats are made available with an accompanying LNBP skipper to any organisation. Alternatively if the leader holds an LNBP Skipper Certificate or a Certificate in Community Boat Management, the group can self-steer.
Note: any CCBM holder who has not skippered one of our boats previously is required to attend a boat familiarisation course, please contact our Training Officer for details (firstname.lastname@example.org).
LNBP at Braunston skippers are all volunteers who hold the Certificate in Community Boat Management, have had additional training regarding the boats and the policies that we operate under, and have DBS enhanced clearance.
Who can hire our boats?
The following groups and organisations can hire our boats:
- youth groups and organisations
- uniformed organisations and associations
- special needs groups (minimum age 8 years)
- groups and organisations working with the disabled, the partially sighted and those with special needs
- groups and organisations working with the unemployed and disadvantaged
Click this link for more information: Who can hire our boats?
You can hire our boats for a weekend, from Monday to Friday, a full week or even longer. Normal booking periods are from:
- Friday to Sunday – 2 nights
- Monday to Friday – 4 nights
- Monday to Sunday – 6 nights
- Friday to Friday – 7 nights
- Friday to Sunday – 9 nights
- Monday to Friday – 11 nights