How to get to LNBP Community Boating at Braunston
Braunston is also situated at the junctions of the Grand Union Canal and Oxford Canals. This unique position offers many different routes to choose on either stretch of the canals, all depending on the length of your travel period, making it the perfect base from which to begin your canal boating experience with us.
Travel by Rail
The nearest railway stations are in Rugby or the village of Long Buckby, also approximately eight miles from our canalside base.
Travel by Road
- M40 (exit 11) onto A361 to Daventry.
- Turn LEFT (Coventry direction) along the A45, around the Daventry Ring Road.
- Follow A45, signed to Braunston.
- Coming from the North on the M1, exit at junction 18 onto the A5 and then A361.
- Go right when you reach the Daventry Ring Road and then take the A45 to Braunston.
- Coming from the South on the M1, exit at junction 16, going left onto the A45.
- At the Daventry Ring Road keep on A45, sign-posted to Braunston.
- Braunston lies midway between Daventry and Dunchurch on the main A45 Northampton to Coventry road.
- Turn off the A45 soon after crossing the canal, (just before the Boat House Pub) and follow the High Street through the village for about 3/4 mile.
- A narrow lane to the right, “Dark Lane”, signposted Little Braunston, leads to the field road down to Bottom Lock.
- Our boatyard and canalside base is across the canal bridge.
Free parking is allowed for the duration of your stay in the UCC car park.
Please check with us or UCC before parking. Please do not park in the Wharf House Marine car park.
The following guides cover routes from Braunston
- OS maps – 151 and 152
- London, Grand Union and Oxford
- Severn, Avon and Birmingham
- Birmingham and Heart of England (including the Leicester Arm
- Pearson’s – South Midlands and Warwickshire Ring